III version 1.02 (Windows)
This is the
first patch for Myth III : The Wolf Age and it addresses the following issues
Resolution switching on GeForce 2 MX and GeForce 3
· GameSpy: Name background and icon sometimes spontaneously go black on all
the name bars in the lobby player list.
· GameSpy: The dimmed games are almost too dim to be seen.
· GameSpy: Lobby text is unreadable at high resolutions.
· GameSpy: Games sometimes appear and disappear haphazardly in lobby (entire
· The "restart level" button when you fail actually does revert to
the last save
· It's possible to type during the "waiting for players" screen, but
pressing return activates cancel
· The F7 key now toggles on and off, rather than holding the key down
· Films crash on conclusion
· Fire does not set off satchels
· Main UI screen is really, really dark, dark red text for games in progress
is almost unreadable
· sometimes when hitting the "leave game" button after a game has
finished, the game will freeze for several seconds
· Random bug on title screen where the wrong resolution UI images are being
· GameSpy: You can buddy yourself
· GameSpy: You cannot unbuddy yourself
· GameSpy: Player limit gets reset to 16 every time
· In the list of game choices for a map, the enabled ones are dark red and the
disabled ones are white; this seems backwards.
· F7 does not list the current winning player/team in a non-random order
· GameSpy: In gamespy chat screens, sometimes sending messages will cause the
game to crash
· In gamespy chat, player names show up as black with no icons
· In the multiplayer game type list, the enabled/disabled colors seem backwards
· Game information is in various shades of red, (ambigious)
· Fire burns in water
· carnage has corrected detail textures
· carnage uses carnage trees now.
· creep has corrected passability
· creep dark has a rebalanced unit set
· 45 jungle has koth removed
· 50 volcano has koth removed
· ramparts has corrected passability
· ramparts has rebalanced unit sets (light and dark)
· warriors now block.
· dwarves have a little less range and a more obvious contrail graphic.
· wight has a tweaked explosion graphic
· some units now spill more blood
· archers pick up and use flame arrows, also drop them when dying
· archer flame arrows do fire damage and cause units to flinch.
· ghol pick up and throw items appropriately
· warlocks have less range, do less damage and their fireballs travel slower.
· packmages have less range, do less damage and should send parts flying now.
· spider cultists and priestesses have team colors
· soulless attack faster.
· thrall bleed when they die now
· trow iron warrior have a greater chance of hitting units with their hammers
· trow punch and kick.
· warrior heroes have a portrait.
· level 7 wisps have portraits.
· trees block projectiles now.
· objects that can be picked up have selection circles.
· scenery on ramparts block artillery and the towers work now.
· netgame balls are numbered.
· netgame flags are numbered.
· texture resolution on netgame scenery improved 3x.
· versioning has been implemented
Update : -
few people seem to be having a problem installing the patch onto their computers
using the EXE file. This appears to be due to the fact that some people have
a different build of Myth III (oddly enough)
Anyhow, we now have a fix for anyone who is not able to use the .exe sucessfully.
It requires manually updating Myth III. First of all you need to download the
Manual Update Patch.
Once you have this, unzip it and move the "patches" folder into the
Myth III : The Wolf Age root folder. The last stage is to replace the existing
myth3.exe with the new one from the zip file. Now your ready to play a Myth